Two sensor rear number plate parking system
* The sensors emit short pulses of ultrasound waves, which then rebound from obstacles within their field of view. The rebounded signals are then received again by the sensors. The central control units then evaluates the time delay of the rebounded signals and interprets the distance of an obstacle.
* Two 18mm diameter ultrasonic sensors incorporated in a moulded plastic plate that fixes behind the existing rear number plate.
* Once reverse gear is selected the main control unit provides distance information via a small speaker and L.E.D., which is mounted inside the vehicle.
* Initial tones confirm the selection of reverse gear, as the vehicle reverses nearer to an obstacle the tones become more frequent and remain constant at approximately 30cm from the obstacle.
* Internal speaker volume is adjustable between high and low.
* Diagnostic feature.
Note: The sensors are designed to detect obstacles in front of them, this means that if a tow bar, spare wheel, bike rack, bumper panel etc. protrude further than the sensors they may be detected. Please consult us if this applies to your vehicle.