Eight sensor front and rear parking system
* The sensors emit short pulses of ultrasound waves, which then rebound from obstacles within their field of view. The rebounded signals are then received again by the sensors. The central control units then evaluates the time delay of the rebounded signals and interprets the distance of an obstacle.
* Four 18mm diameter ultrasonic sensors are installed into the rear bumper.
* Four short range 18mm diameter ultrasonic sensors are installed into the front bumper.
* Rear sensors are controlled by selection of reverse gear.
* Front sensors are activated automatically via the vehicle speed pulse circuit when the vehicle is below 15Km per hour (Depending of vehicle model).
* An optional switch can be installed if manual operation is required or no speed pulse circuit available on vehicle.
* Two control units which process information for the front and rear sensors independently.
* Single speaker which provides distance information to the driver via a series of tones. As the vehicle approaches an obstacle, the tones become more frequent and remain constant at approximately 25cm from an obstacle at the front of the vehicle and 30cm from an obstacle at the rear.
* External sensors can be colour coded if required without affecting the performance of the system.
Note: The sensors are designed to detect obstacles in front of them, this means that if a tow bar, spare wheel, bike rack, bumper panel etc. protrude further than the sensors they may be detected. Please consult us if this applies to your vehicle.